Housing Case Manager
Housing Case Manager
IPH’s Housing Program provides permanent supportive housing to individuals and families who have experienced a history of homelessness and who are living with a disability that has impeded their ability to achieve and maintain housing stability. The Housing Case Manager provides direct case management services and support to the individuals and families living in IPH housing and those utilizing housing vouchers in the community. Services aim to address the factors that have perpetuated the household’s homelessness and are focused on long-term stability and self-sufficiency.
Principle Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Duties
Provide direct case management services and support to tenants/clients in IPH’s Housing Program, including housing location assistance, life skills development, and linkages to supportive services.
- Develop goal plans with each tenant and update accordingly.
- Maintain regular communication with service providers to ensure tenants have consistent support and guidance.
- Perform home visits and apartment inspections, as required by each program.
- Maintain up-to-date case files and documentation in accordance with IPH and funding standards
- Submit program reports as required and requested.
- Participate in weekly supervision with the Housing Supervisor to provide updates on tenant/client progress and discuss case concerns and questions.
- Receive, review, and process applications for IPH’s Housing Program, including determining and documenting eligibility and appropriateness for the program, determining residents’ rent, and completing all paperwork to ensure compliance with HUD standards (when applicable).
- Submit rental vouchers to the Accountant and maintain contact with landlords to ensure landlord/tenant relationships are maintained (when applicable).
- Accept other duties as assigned by the Housing Supervisor.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Clean and valid New York State Driver’s License and reliable transportation required
- Basic familiarity with computers: Windows, MS Office, email, and database use required.
- Basic familiarity with MS Excel preferred
- Strong working knowledge of local resources and case management experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Compassionate, non-judgmental, flexible